Your problem skin is, well, becoming a serious problem. It continues to rear its ugly head and like a bad boyfriend; you’re probably ready to say goodbye for good!
The reality is, your troubled skin didn’t happen overnight, but, there is good news. There are steps you can take right now that will get you on the road to clear skin. I like to call it The Clear Skin Checklist!
- Cleanse your skin in the morning and before you go to bed.
- Skip the washcloth. It holds on to the dirt and bacteria from your face. If you must use one, grab a fresh, clean one every time.
- Moisturize. (Yes, even if you have oily skin!) Because when you don’t, your skin will panic and do it for you by over-producing oil that leads to clogged pores, and yes, more acne.
NEVER Strip! (Your skin that is!) Alcohol and strong toners/astringents strip the skin of it’s good oil.
- Get on the natural skincare bandwagon. Why natural? Other products contain toxic chemicals that can irritate your skin further and delay healing.
- Change your pillowcase regularly (and not just when you change your sheets.) A clean pillowcase stops sweat and oil from transferring back on your face.
- Limit your sun and alcohol exposure. Both dehydrate the skin which puts it back into panic mode (remember #1?)
- Don’t just conceal it, heal it! When your skin breaks out, the best thing to do is to go without makeup, but sometimes, that’s not possible. Try covering it with natural mineral makeup. It is packed full of Zinc Oxide and helps skin heal fast!
- Get Help! If you’ve tried everything you can think of and your skin still isn’t looking any better, it may be time to get the opinion of a Dermatologist. (You haven’t failed here. Sometimes acne is complicated. There is nothing wrong with getting a little help.)
You’re not alone. I know what it’s like. I’ve been where you are right now, in fact, acne and sensitive skin is why I do what I do; help women find their way to clear skin. It’s the reason I created KmS Mineral Essentials.
And guess what? I am here to support you every single step of the way! Let’s connect! I really want to hear your story! Let’s get the conversation started below.
If you enjoyed today’s post, please feel free to share it with someone you think might also benefit from it. And, if you haven’t already, I’d like to invite you to subscribe to my Clear Skin Updates. Register below to get a fresh new post sent to your inbox every week.