I love the summertime. With snow on the ground now, I know it will eventually get here.
My hubby and I live in a quiet, small town north of the city. It’s what you could call the “sticks”. We enjoy peaceful living most of the year, but come mid-May, the once empty lake homes become full, and the only traffic jam around here can be found on the lake.
It’s one of the reasons I choose to vacation in the winter or early spring.
Vacation is vacation, no matter when you choose to do it, right? It’s the time of year to reflect, relax, and recharge, and when you realize less really is more.
Makeup is the last thing I want to think about during vacation, and while I do wear it, I prefer to keep it super-simple, because wearing a full face of makeup is a lot of work, and work is something I promised to leave at the office.
And as I prepare for this year’s getaway in a couple of weeks, I’m making a list of what I really NEED right now, and thought I’d share it with you need a little help in what to pack.
Simple Vacation Makeup. What Do Your Really Need?
When I think about which of my hundreds of products to pack, (it’s not really 100, but it could be pretty close), I ask myself what I really need, and then throw in a little extra for a special occasion.
This year, here’s what’s in my holiday makeup bag:
- BB Cream – This product is a must for me because it accomplishes 2 things; It evens out my ruddy skintone, and protects my skin with spf, saving me from having to apply a separate sunscreen.
- Bronzer in Tahitian Bronze – I try to avoid the sun as much as possible, but a little bit of color on the cheeks, forehead and chin makes a great looking (and safe) tan.
- Blush in Cozy – Sometimes I like a little pop of color with my bronzer. I love this shade because it is a bronzy mauve, and I can wear it as shadow too!
- Eye Shadow – If I’m going out to dinner and want a little “pop” to my eyes, I bring a neutral shade with a bit of shimmer. My latest obsession is Romance.
- Mascara – Because my bronzer and BB Cream can make my lashes look like they’ve completely disappeared, 1 coat brings my eyes back to life.
- Lip Balm – Dry, cracked lips are no vacation. Plus, a great lip balm takes 10 years off your age? Yes, really.
Now, I want to know what your must-have products are when you head out on vacation? Get the conversation started by commenting below.