I love the summertime.
My husband and I live in a quiet, small town north of the city. Many would consider it the “sticks”. We enjoy peaceful living most of the year, but come June, the once empty lake homes become full, and the only traffic jam around here can be found on the lake.
It’s one of the reasons I choose to vacation in the winter.
But vacation is vacation, no matter when you choose to do it. It’s the time of year to quietly reflect and recharge, and when less really is more.
Makeup is the last thing I want to think about during vacation, and though I do decide to wear it on occasion, I prefer to keep it simple. Wearing a full face of makeup is a lot of work, and work is something you promised to leave at the office.
Simple Vacation Makeup. What Do Your Really Need?
Is there anything we really need in our makeup bag when on holiday? While the “bare necessities” vary for everyone, this is what mine looks like.
- BB Cream – This product is a must for me because it accomplishes 2 things; It evens out my ruddy skintone, and protects my skin with spf, saving me from having to apply a separate sunscreen.
- Bronzer – I try to avoid the sun as much as possible, but a little bit of color on the cheeks, forehead and chin makes a great looking (and safe) tan.
- Eye Shadow – I love a neutral shade with a slight shimmer in the evening, but during the day, my bronzer works overtime as a shadow.
- Mascara – Because my bronzer and BB Cream can make my lashes look like they’ve completely disappeared, 1 coat brings me back to life.
- Lip Balm – Dry, cracked lips are no vacation. Plus, a great lip balm takes 10 years off your age? Yes, really.
What are your must have products when vacationing? Get the conversation started by commenting below.