Breakouts. We all get them. They’re unpredictable and they certainly don’t discriminate. But, did you know there are things you can do to prevent them from holding you hostage? I call it the Clear Skin Checklist’ 10 Ways to Keep Your Skin Blemish-Free.
1. Cleanse your skin in the morning and before you go to bed. Never sleep in your makeup.
2. Skip the washcloth. Dirt and bacteria can get trapped in the cloth. If you must use one, grab a fresh clean cloth every time.
3. Moisturize. (Yes, even if you have oily skin!) When you don’t moisturize, your skin will panic and moisturize for you by over-producing oil that can lead to clogged pores that can lead to an acne breakout.
4. NEVER, ever Strip! (Your skin that is!) Alcohol and strong toners/astringents strip the skin of it’s essential (good) oil.
5. Get on the natural skincare bandwagon. Why natural? Other products can contain toxic chemicals that can irritate your skin and cause (you guessed it!) breakouts.
6. Change your pillowcase weekly (not just when you change your sheets.) A clean pillowcase stops sweat and oil from transferring back on your face.
7. Limit sun and alcohol exposure. Both dehydrate the skin, putting it back into panic mode (see #3).
8. Keep your hands as clean as possible, and try not to touch your face; (the average person touches their face 3 times every hour.)
9. Clean out your makeup bag. If you haven’t used something in 6 months, chances are you won’t. Toss it out.
10. Get a little help. If you’ve tried everything above and then some, and your skin is continuing to break out, it may be time to get the opinion of a Dermatologist.
Do you have a tried and true method for clear skin? Please share by commenting below, and if you haven’t already subscribed to our Clear Skin updates, I’d love it if you would! Sign up below to get our updates delivered to your inbox weekly, and get instant access to a free copy of our Toxic-Free Beauty Shopping Guide.